Sussex First Aid Courses Ltd (SFAC) Data Protection Officer.
Garry Perkins Managing Director
Sussex First Aid Courses Ltd is a Qualsafe Provider and undertakes to capture, process and retain all data obtained from individuals and businesses in line with the requirements of all applicable Data Protection Laws, including the UK Data Protection Act, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). SFAC will capture, process and retain data from the following categories of data subjects
SFAC will not transfer personal data to any other company or organisation without your request or prior consent, with the exception of requests that may be received from the Qualification Regulators to which SFAC must respond to in order to meet with our regulatory obligations and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) requests for financial information (relating to customer invoices).
SFAC will retain the data captured from the above categories of Data Subjects indefinitely for the purposes of:
• responding to data requests from the Qualification Regulators
• statistical analysis for business improvement purposes
• responding to certificate verification requests from internal and external parties
• planning and carrying out quality assurance activity.
SFAC will capture, process and retain personal data in line with GDPR requirements. Your individual rights in line with these requirements include the:
• right to be informed of how we use and process your personal data
• right of access to any personal data that we retain about you
• right to rectification of any personal data that we retain about you that you believe to be inaccurate
• right to erasure when there is no legal justification or legitimate business interest allowing us to retain your personal data
• right to restrict processing of personal data
SFAC is, therefore, an approved Awarding Organisation and, as such, is regulated in line with Qualsafe Awarding body and its policies. This means that Sussex First Aid Courses Ltd has a legal obligation to comply with the General Conditions of Recognition issued by Qualsafe Awards, which includes the requirement to abide by all applicable Data Protection Laws. As a regulated Awarding Organisation, Sussex First Aid Courses Ltd is approved by Qualsafe Awards to carry out all functions associated with designing, developing, delivering, awarding and certificating regulated qualifications. SFAC also has a legitimate business interest in sending marketing information and materials to customers for business purposes.
If, for example, you think that personal data we retain about you is inaccurate or we have no legal justification or legitimate business interest to continue to retain and process your personal data. Rather than request erasure, you can make the request to restrict processing
• right to data portability should you want to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one source to another
• right to object when personal data is processed due to legitimate business interest or performance of a task in the exercise of official authority, direct marketing and research and/or statistical analysis
• rights associated with automated decision making and profiling which allow you to obtain human intervention in any such process, express your points of view on decisions or outcomes made about you and obtain an explanation of any decisions made and subject them to challenge
• right to withdraw consent to hold your personal data at any time
• right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority should you be dissatisfied with how we have managed your personal data (the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest)
Subject Access Requests
In line with these individual rights, anyone who wishes to make a formal Subject Access Request to SFAC in order to request personal data held on them or take some action with respect to the personal data held on them should submit the request in writing to the Sussex First Aid Courses Limited. Data Protection Officer or by emailing
Visitors to the SFAC website should be aware that information and data may be automatically collected by our website through the use of "cookies." These are small text files that a website can use to recognise repeat visitors and facilitate the visitor's ongoing access to, and use of, the site. They allow us to monitor usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will help us to make improvements to our website.